The oval Dutch oven offers the ideal shape for braising whole roasts or baking whole chicken and duck. And like all STAUB cocottes, this roomy pan is unsurpassed for slow-cooking meat and vegetables to tender perfection, and for simmering hearty stews and soups.
Enameled cast iron requires no seasoning and possesses exceptional heat-retaining qualities, so the pot heats evenly throughout. With a heavy weight, tight-fitting lid that retains moisture and tiny bumps on the lid interior that create a rain-forest effect evenly returning juices back onto food, you can expect moist, perfectly cooked food every time you use this pan.
Rooted in French culinary heritage, STAUB cookware is beloved by professional and home chefs for its exquisite craftsmanship, exceptional performance, and timeless beauty. Each STAUB cocotte effortlessly and elegantly transitions from the oven to the table - you can cook and serve in the same dish. These heirloom pieces can be lovingly passed from generation to generation.
- Ideal for cooking roasts and whole chicken
- Textured black matte enamel interior requires no seasoning and ensures exceptional browning, and heat retention and distribution
- Smooth enamel bottom works on all stovetops, including induction
- Heavy weight, tight-fitting lid retains moisture, spikes on the lid create a rain-forest effect evenly returning juices back onto food
- Oven safe to 500°F
- Dishwasher safe, hand wash
- Made in France