This 9-inch slicing knife makes cutting through meat effortless. Seamlessly cut through a turkey, segment a chicken, and slice through large portions of ham and fish with confidence and stability.
Handcrafted in Seki, Japan, top-of-the-line MIYABI Birchwood is a work of culinary art. Both blade and handle are crafted from the most precious materials, which shape their striking appearance.
More than meets the eye, the potent core of SG2 micro-carbide powder steel is protected by a stunning 100-layer flower Damascus pattern. MIYABI’s innovative, CRYODUR® ice-hardening process locks in the blade’s long-lasting sharpness.
The scalpel-like blade is complemented by an equally striking and comfortable Karelian (Masur) Birch handle. A prized material for knife handles, Karelian Birch is also the only wood ever used in a Fabergé egg. Exquisite and ergonomic, MIYABI Birchwood knives feel as good as they look.
- SG2 micro-carbide powder steel blade for scalpel-like sharpness
- 101-layer flower Damascus design with katana edge is both beautiful and durable
- Authentic thin Japanese blade profile with a 9.5° to 12° edge
- Hand-honed using the traditional Japanese three-step Honbazuke process
- CRYODUR® ice-hardened to Rockwell 63 for long-lasting sharpness
- Traditional Japanese Karelian (Masur) Birch handle
- Hand wash only
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan